Friday, May 11, 2012

Painted Askaris

The askari figures I bought are now painted, and need only to be based. I'll have to attend to that little chore in a week or so, since we're off to see that mom-in-law's properly settled in her new home. In the meantime, here are some photos of the finished askaris on the painting block.



The chap in the blue sailor's collar in the foreground is the odd man out. I was going to use him as an independent figure or a mercenary, but I think I'll now call him an NCO and leave him with the unit.

I'm not 100% happy with the way they turned out, although the faces came out well. I used a Vallejo US khaki drab undercoat and, once it had dried, applied sepia ink directly to the flesh. It works. 

Hopefully I'll be placing a small order with Pendraken for AVBCW figures sometime next week. The company'll be imposing a price hike next month, so I want to buy before then. 


No comments:

 

home page uniques