Friday, December 20, 2013

A new field


Not an awful lot going on in the run-up to Xmas, so I'm turning my hand to making a bit more scenery for my Darkest Africa set-up. 
First on the stocks is a millet field. This is basically a rectangle of corrugated card from a pizza box, with one side of paper stripped off and the other reinforced with more card. I painted it a khaki brown then ran strips of diluted PVA along the top of the ridges. The crop itself is dried chamomile tea. I don't drink the herbal stuff, but my wife does so she's a useful source. Since this stuff is prone to warp I placed a heavy book on top of a sheet of plastic to keep it in place as it dries.

I plan to add a couple of trees since the current trio look rather inadequate. Once they're done I aim to run a game on Sunday. Fingers crossed... 

No comments:

 

home page uniques