Thursday, January 9, 2014

WW2 Thoughts


Oh, I blame the Too Fat Lardies for this. Discussion of their Chain of Command rules for WW2 skirmish games has filled the hobby pages these last few months since their release. I watched the rules demonstrations on Youtube, and was impressed by the clean flow of the games. Now I find myself looking at Peter Pig's 15mm WW2 range.

I admit, the only choice I really have now is which theater to opt for, Western Desert, Italy, or NW Europe? Decisions, decisions...      
* * *
EDIT: Can anyone tell me how compatible Peter Pig figures are to Old Glory 15mm's? 

3 comments:

Chris Stoesen said...

The answer is, since you are going 15mm, do all three! Peter Pig is a great choice. For Western Desert Italians, I really love the Old Glory figures. The outlay for Chain of Command type forces is rather low. You can complete up a platoon in just 4 or 5 packs of Peter Pig Minis.

Bluebear Jeff said...

I think that you should watch a few WWII movies from each area and see what stirs your juices the most.

Heck, watch "Patton" and see a bit of all three.

Pick the one that excites you the most.


-- Jeff

A J said...

Thanks for your comments, gentlemen! Chris, thanks also for the recommendation to check out Old Glory. They do have some nice-looking stuff there at a reasonable price.

My first WW2 gaming involved Airfix figures and vehicles in the Western Desert. It's a theater I've always liked, and most of my terrain would suit desert locales.

 

home page uniques